We are now into our third week of classes at Heritage. In the midst of all the challenges posed by COVID, there are many evidences of God’s grace. Here are a three of the reasons I’m thanking God this week.
- Our enrolment is actually higher this year than in previous years. We had prepared for a decline, but have seen an increase. Praise the Lord.
- Students and faculty are adjusting well to the new educational landscape. College students have adapted to coming to class wearing masks and sitting further apart. Seminary students seem to be doing fine online! Our faculty are working hard to deliver excellent courses.
- Our Heritage Board meeting (on Wednesday) was filled with praise and hope. God has given the school a wonderful group of men and women to serve on our Board of Directors and Advisory Council. I left our Zoom meeting on Wednesday evening feeling strengthened and grateful.
As we head into this weekend, here are three requests I’d ask you to remember as you pray for us.
- Linda speaks at a Women’s Retreat at Muskoka Bible Centre this weekend. She will be teaching from the book of Colossians and pointing women to the glory of Christ. Pray for spiritual impact and physical protection.
- So far, we’re not aware of any COVID cases on campus this fall. Please ask the Lord to watch over the school as we move through the semester.
- I (Rick) am beginning a series of messages on the theme of Discipleship in chapel next Tuesday. Pray that my messages from God’s Word would help shape the lives of our students, faculty and staff (starting with me!).
Thank you for praying for us and with us!